- What quality assurance standards does Control Devices use in the product development and manufacturing processes?
Control Devices has employed the automotive field’s Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) criteria into its day-to-day quality assurance operations for our entire product line. APQP has three specific phases to ensure product quality: development, industrialization, and product launch, and it is through this process that we manufacture, assemble, inspect and ship our nozzles, valves, float valves and condensate traps.
Our quality assurance laboratory is fully-staffed and equipped with precision measurement equipment, a calibration system, a Rockwell hardness tester, camera microscope capabilities and a surface finish analyzer and comparator; operated by employees with decades of combined quality assurance experience.
As a result of this quality commitment we maintain our ISO certification, along with the following other industry-specific certifications:
- ISO 9001: 2015 (Control Devices, LLC)
- ISO 9001: 2008 (Drain-All)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineer for Safety Valves (ASME)
- Pressure Equipment Directive for Safety Valves (PED)
- The National Board of Boiler & Pressure Vessel (NB)
- NSF International (RMC)
- Production Quality Assurance (Module B)
- Production Quality Assurance (Module D)
- CE Mark through British Standards Institute
It is a top priority at Control Devices to maintain a high level of quality that exceeds all industry standards, and we work hard to communicate and reinforce this commitment daily to all of our employees.